The mission of Jeffery Elementary School, an excelling academic and nurturing community, is to foster a safe and diverse environment that promotes progressive thinking and encourages all students to explore their talents and individual interests to reach their full potential through the collaborative partnerships among students, staff, parents and community
The Jeffery School Objectives
- All students will meet or exceed the District and State identified proficiency levels for performance in reading, language arts, math, science, and social studies.
- All students will consistently demonstrate respectful and responsible behavior.
- Each year all students will participate in curriculum related technology projects.
The Jeffery School Tactics
- We will develop a comprehensive approach to meet the needs of all learners.
- We will increase the integration of advancing technology into the district curriculum.
- We will create a safe, nurturing, and respectful environment among students, families, and staff.
- We will create a collaborative staff culture in which all members feel valued.
The Staff Development / Technology Team
The role of the Staff Development / Technology Team is to plan staff development opportunities for the Jeffery staff. In addition this team annual evaluates computer hardware and software needs. Subcommittees of this team include: The Web Page Committee, The Yearbook Committee, and The Accelerated Reader Committee.
The Academic Improvement Team
The role of the Academic Improvement Team is to annually analyze Jeffery School’s student performance data and present this analysis to the staff. This team then recommends and coordinates academic improvement efforts in the building.
The School Climate Team
The role of the School Climate Team is to annually assess the culture of Jeffery School and plan for improvement. Subcommittees of this team include: The Jeffery Student Council, The School Safety Patrol, The American Education Week Committee, The Kindness Week Committee, Red Ribbon Week Planning, The United Way Committee, and the Code of Conduct Committee.
Jeffery School Governance
School governance at Jeffery Elementary School is a modified form of shared decision making. Jeffery School is part of the Kenosha Unified School District No.1, and is, therefore, under the authority of the Kenosha Unified Board of Education through the Central Administrative offices. Mr. Johnson serves as building administrator, and is assisted by two site level bodies, The Jeffery School Parent/Teacher Organization, and the Jeffery School Staff Teams.
The Jeffery School Staff Team
All members of the Jeffery staff annually participate in one of three staff teams related to our annual school goals. The teams are: The Math Team, The Language Arts Team and The School Culture Team. Each team is charged with specific duties designed to recommend improvement initiatives in some specific area. These committees meet at least monthly.